I’m sure you’ve heard about crystals by now but what are crystals? Do they work and if so what are the benefits of crystals. Let’s dive straight in with the most basic question.
What are Crystals?
What are Crystals, is a question I have been asked for many years! I admit that I have been fascinated by crystals since I was very young, and I own quite a substantial collection of them. But I also understand that people don’t quite get what crystals are all about.
I have friends who just think of them as rocks or stones, but other friends who believe they carry some kind of magical power, and don’t leave the house without a couple in their bag, or they wear them as jewellery. I put myself in the middle of them. Crystals or gemstones have been used for many years for decorative reasons in jewellery, but more and more people are now using them for other purposes hence why we’re exploring if crystals really work and what their benefits are.
Do crystals really work?
So do crystals work and if so what are the benefits? Can a crystal really help you to get that job you want if you carry one in your pocket to the interview? Can a crystal relieve a headache? Just what are the benefits of having these wonderful stones in your life. In recent years more and more people are turning to Complementary or Alternative therapies and Crystal’s have seen a surge in popularity.
How are crystals made?
Crystals are formed underground and can take thousands of years to develop. The structure of crystals can give them a memory and the power to hold energies. The scientific part of crystals is that is was discovered that by putting pressure on various crystals, such as quartz, it caused electricity. This was called the “Piezoelectric effect”, and its why crystals are used in microphones, quartz watches, printers and computers.
The benefits of crystals
There are many different kinds of crystals that have their own unique ability to heal the mind, body and soul. They can help promote the flow of good energy and have emotional benefits. They can also help to unblock and and dispel negative energy.
As an energy-based healing system it is said that we are all made up from different energies and when these energies become blocked or unbalanced it can cause negative energy and illness. But crystal aren’t a magic wand that can change you in an instant. What they can help with is your own spiritual journey and they can boost what you working on.
So where do you start?
They are so many types of crystals to choose from. I’ve listed below some of my favorites and the most popular crystals and their benefits. There is lots of advice out there, but go with how you feel or what you are drawn to.
I’ve started with Quartz as it is the Master Healer but below are some more along with a brief description.
- Quartz– can be used for just about anything! It’s a great all rounder and the most powerful healing and energy amplifier, stimulates the immune system and brings balance to the body! Quartz stores information like a natural computer or spiritual library. Quartz can dissolve the residue of past life trauma and enhance psychic abilities! This crystal raises energy to the highest level.
- Amethyst –is one of my favourite crystals! I love the colour and I love how it makes me feel. It has so many amazing qualities I don’t know where to start!! So here we go. Firstly it can help cleanse the aura of negative energy or attachment and create a protective shield around you, and connects the physical, mental and emotional bodies, linking them to spirit. It helps protect against psychic attacks and turns any negative energy into positive energy and returns the energy back to the universe.
- Citrine– the crystal of abundance and manifestation and success. Citrine is an excellent stone for energising and recharging. Everything about this stone is positivity and joy!! Along with manifestation it attracts wealth and prosperity. Such a positive stone it raises your self-esteem and self-confidence. It’s highly energising and doesn’t need cleansing. It absorbs, transmutes and grounds negative energy.
- Tigers Eye– the stone of protection and grounding. It can be used to release fear and anxiety and to promote harmony and balance. It also help with decision making. I feel Tiger’s Eye is a stone you can play and experiment with! Tiger’s Eye can also be used to develop psychic power, but it is not generally a 3rd eye stone, so try it and see how it feels for you! A great stone for grounding and helping you become more centred. If you feel “away with the fairies” this is a great stone for bringing you back down.
- Rose Quartz– The love stone, it attracts and supports unconditional love. It connects with the heart chakra, opening and healing the heart centre. It can help deepen relationships, embrace compassion, kindness and love to yourself and others around you. Rose quartz can you bring you back into your heart, the core of your being, and when you connect with that space of love and light, anything can happen.
- Aventurine –It is known as one of the luckiest stones, and it can bring good luck and prosperity into your life. It can calm negative emotions, especially ones that can get stuck in the heart centre. It is also good for letting you move on and embrace any changes to your life.
These are just a few crystals to get a started on your journey. You can always book yourself a crystal healing session, see how it makes you feel. If you mediate on a regular basis you can incorporate them into this, just by holding a couple in your hand, and this will enhance you meditation journey.
So what do we think after reading that? Do crystals work and do we think we can reap the benefits listed above? If you decide to buy crystals, just let you eyes wander over the crystals and see if you are drawn to any. Trust your intuition and let it guide you. We appreciate that going into a shop and buying crystals can still be a bit difficult at the moment but there are great places online that you can visit of you can’t wait to get on with your crystal journey.
I personally love these little rocks and gemstones, and absolutely believe they work and have benefits to some degree so I have them placed all around my house, and I do also like to meditate with them.
Disclaimer: This website does not provide medical advice. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this website is for informational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment, and before undertaking a new healthcare regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you’ve read on this website.