Easy healthy breakfast, dinner or snack options are always on demand so we want to introduce the juice for all those times you need an easy healthy option.
Juice as an easy healthy option
The power of plants is, at this stage, undeniable. Fruit and vegetables have an ancient standing in our diets and their benefits are seemingly endless. Drinking juice is an easy way to get the nutrients into you, especially during this time of year, when your schedule may be hectic, and many fruits and vegetables are out of season. Plus, you know, there’s only so many steamed vegetables you can eat in one week and juice is really tasty.
Why Are Health Juices Good For You?
Drinking fruit and vegetable juice is a great way of getting all the nutrients into yourself without your body processing all the fibres. Getting the vitamins, you need into your body, having a little detox or giving your immune system a helping hand, easy health juices are popular and on the rise.
But what do the different juices actually do, and what can they offer without going through a list of difficult to pronounce chemicals and vitamins?
Here’s a list of juices you can drink this winter (and make yourself!) to give you a bit of a helping hand into the new year, without having to spend a slightly mad amount of your hard-earned savings on overpriced smoothies:
- Apple – Common as mud but apple juice is great for hydration, lowering blood cholesterol (thanks to soluble fibre), and flavonoids which can help lower blood pressure. Apple juice is also believed to help protect against age related memory issues and can help ease nausea.
- Orange – Also, lemon. Packed with vitamin C that can help ward off colds.
- Tomato – Thanks to the vitamin A locked in, tomato juice can help with arthritis, keep your blood clean and fight off mucus.
- Spinach – The holy grail of greens can help keep your skin clear and combats acidity.
- Beetroot – Beetroot juice can do wonders for your blood, lowering blood pressure and fighting anaemia.
- Carrot – Carrot juice offers many of the same benefits as tomato juice but is also great for clearing up acne.
- Celery – Less of a common breakfast option, celery juice can help keep skin clear and relieve nausea, as well as relieving rheumatism.
- Cucumber – Cucumber juice is a good multipurpose, helping with arthritis and rheumatism, keeping skin clearer and lowering blood pressure.
- Ginger – The almighty ginger. Helps your digestive system tick along properly and supports your immune system. Masks the taste of spinach rather well too.
Of course you don’t have to drink a juice that only contains one type of fruit or vegetable, mixing a few of them up usually gives you a delicious healthy juice and gives you all the vitamins you need!
Here are some of our favourite easy healthy juice recipes
Green Glory – Spinach, cucumber, celery, lemon, ginger and apple
Detox Darling – Beets, carrots, lemon, ginger, apple
Zingy Sip – Carrot, ginger, lemon
Instantly Immune – Orange, lemon, ginger
So drink them on their own like this or combine them however you want for a juice that ticks all your boxes!
When self–care ends up taking a back seat to your schedule or your mental health kicks it to the curb, a glass of fresh fruit or veg juice every day can be an easy way to look after yourself.